Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Presentations, Round II


This week, I read a Calvin and Hobbes quote that reminded me of my career as an English major:

CALVIN: You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
HOBBES: What mood is that?
CALVIN: Last-minute panic.

This seems to be how I have been feeling as the semester has been winding down! Rather than being 100% productive during the semester to lessen the amount of strain at the end of the semester, I always end up procrastinating and putting things off until I am absolutely frazzled and in a panic.
Still, I feel as though everything is falling into place, a sense only heightened by the presentations I saw today!! I know I have used the word 'brilliant' about three thousand times in my blog this semester, but I am going to use it again. WHAT A BRILLIANT GROUP OF PEOPLE WE HAVE!!!

I found the first groups presentation to be incredibly thoughtful and insightful. I never would have thought to pick out specific parts of blogs to create a story line, but it worked so well! And I found myself sitting there thinking it could be published somewhere; all the ramblings and inner workings of the Capstone Class of 2010. I know I have been blogging about how much I have grown this semester and how much the readings and insights have meant to me, but it really didn't quite hit home until this presentation. Hearing words from each and every blog made me realize EVERYONE has grown this semester, and everyone has been just as impacted in some way or another by the words we have been reading and the things Dr. Sexson has been teaching us. What a beautiful way to present!! The hands were a very nice touch... I tried to pick my own hand out but had some trouble... I just know it was one of the 'Blue' ones. I really liked that they used hands at the bottom of the tree for roots, kind of circling things back in with the idea that 'in our end is our beginning' and from death and decay emerges life! Beautiful, beautiful... and even more touching because it was read by our peers, fellow students. I really enjoyed it.

The second presentation was HILARIOUS! I'm so happy someone referenced Tai's hope that he will have cocaine and Popeye's chicken at his funeral. Good grief, Tai! The brick was absolutely perfect and I don't think anyone could have made a better head dress if they tried. I love that they used bits from the books we've read but incorporated our own Super Senior statuses and our impending graduation into the presentation. This entire presentation was very appropriate considering we are all shedding a past life and moving forward to something new, scary, and foreign. I know now I'm not alone in this and grateful to have these people by my side to tell me that they're all experiencing the same kinds of things I am experiencing!!

I loved the piece from the performances at the Bacchus! I was there in the background as one of the shadow figures behind the wall! Ben is pretty amazing with that camera, isn't he? Everyone did such a nice job! I don't believe I have been this excited about the 'happenings' of a class in a long time. I really enjoy the work we've done!

'All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players.' -Shakespeare
WELL DONE, EVERYONE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment