Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Ponderings...

I have noticed in the past month or so I have been bombarded with the SAME question...
WHAT'S NEXT?
I am finally a graduating senior! Six years have been spent hopping from University to University, hoping I will find some sort of path to follow. Back then, I was sick of people asking me what I was going to do with my life and where I was going to go. Well, now that I've come to the culmination of yet another chapter, I am being asked the very same questions.
What am I going to do?
Where am I going to go?
Do I have any passions driving me in a certain direction?
Am I glad to finally be moving away from Bozeman?
Sometimes I feel like I can't ever answer these questions. I can only say what I hope to do and where I hope to go, and see if I can put together the necessary components to make it happen. All of these questions have made me think about CapStone and everything we have discussed this semester. We've discussed where we've been, what we think, what we know, what we do not know, and the fears we all have about moving forward.
As I give my answers to people asking about my future plans, I find myself asking the very same thing.
What really IS next? Where am I going to go? What does a person do when the thing that has defined them for so long comes to an end and they have to find something else to define them? Once again, I am comforted by the words of Roethke, repeating to myself that 'I learn by going where I have to go' because I MUST. I'm comforted by words of Eliot, knowing that in my beginning is my end, and everything moves in waves and patterns. I'm comforted by things I have learned in this class and I know will take with me no matter where I go or where I end up.
This class has taught me a lot about opening up my mind to more possibilities than I ever imagined and also made me reflect and realize what is important to me. The class has helped me make the big decision of where to go next and has introduced me to some very intoxicating young minds.
For these things, I am grateful. For these things, I am happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment