Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Melancholy

I have been getting more and more comfortable with my paper topic as the days go on. Writing 'the best paper I have ever written' is kind of daunting, Dr. Sexson, and I don't know if I'm up to the challenge, but I feel better about it today and here's why...

Yesterday, I found myself in a heated debate with a friend of mine over the topic of my paper! He was trying to tell me (furiously, I might add) that I should not include the idea of melancholy in my paper at all. 'Do away with it completely', he said. I wasn't sure I could defend the point of my paper as well as I did.... but I guess I can! We ended the conversation on the same page and I told him exactly why the idea of melancholy had to be used in my paper. He's a smart cookie... he would have known if what I was saying was complete and utter nonsense. Apparently, it wasn't. This makes me happy. :)

I am presenting my paper on Friday. Hope all goes well! For some reason, standing in front of a classroom of people, I turn in to a fumbling mess trying to present a paper. Hope it doesn't happen on Friday... see you all then!

No comments:

Post a Comment