Monday, February 1, 2010

The Uncovered Dead Diamond




'The Dead' by James Joyce. Woofta. We were supposed to read this little number and come up with some sort of 'diamond' to present to the class, something we found in the reading to be particularly epiphanical. Well, I procrastinated and went to the first round of these 'diamond' presentations without actually having found one of my own, thinking it would be easier to find one after hearing what other people had to say. Well, it's not any easier. In fact, I don't feel like I can find one at all.

For one, I can't find anything someone else hasn't already mentioned, and I don't want to mention something someone has already mentioned. Also, I have been having quite a difficult time getting through the text as it is. What a BORING piece of literature! I know, I know... literature is never boring, only people are boring. I don't want to be boring! I have to find some way to get through 'The Dead'. That's the next assignment I'm giving myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment